Sunday, January 05, 2014

Cars Theme Pillow Mattress for Jude


The first time I saw a pillow mattress on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make one.  Many of them are made by sewing four or five pillowcases together and supposedly taken minutes.  I really couldn't find any flannel pillowcases that would do for a two year old, plus I couldn't find just flannel pillowcases sold separately.  They were all sold as part of a sheet set.  So a trip to the Hancock Fabric shop it was.

I tried following several different tutorials and went through several trial and tribulations, but in the end it came together just like I envisioned.  I did include a fabric pocket on the open end to allow the pillow to be tucked in securely.  The pillows I purchased were quite fluffy, and even though I had made the pocket and it worked perfectly, I also added heavy duty snaps to keep the ends closed.  



1 comment:

  1. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. hormone replacement
    gel memory foam mattress review

    ReplyDelete